The following list contains names of artists, scientists and researchers whose work(s) can be useful for research in the areas addressed by this course. It is by no means comprehensive, it is simply a guide to aid in your research, to get you started and or provide some inspiration.
Desmond Paul Henry
Carsten Nicolai (Alva Noto)
Zack Booth Simpson
The following topics are general themes which could serve you as ideas, themes or starting points for prints or
• image & text (address an issue, concept or idea, in an artful, engaging manor)
• movement & space
• urban / suburban living
• portrait / self-portrait
• ego / alter ego
• gender Issues - What does it mean to be male or female? How is M/F defined by you or projected onto you by
others? Are these the only ways of being? If not, how are the alternatives to M/F expressed? Feminism / womens
rights / mens rights / heteronormativity / gay and trans rights
• environment and ecological concerns - e.g. protection of, usage, depletion of, beauty of, utility of
• war -- what is it good for? How it serves us. The necessity of, the futility of, etc. . .
• power. Who has it, how they use it, What they use it for, or alternatively, who doesn’t have it.
• freedom. define it, how do you take advantage of it, where to find it. . .
• race. what is it? Does it matter? Who cares about it? What/how does it affect your/others life?
• beauty what is it? Does it matter? Who cares about it? What/how does it affect your/others life? how is it
understood as aesthetics?